Month. It's important to know that:
|The red tulip became the symbol of PD in 1980 when|
a horticulturalist named a tulip after Dr. Parkinson
- Parkinson's disease is a movement disorder that is chronic and progressive.
- Nearly one million Americans are living with Parkinson's.
- Approximately 60,000 Americans are diagnosed with Parkinson's disease each year, and this number does not reflect the thousands of cases that go undetected.
- Seven to 10 million people worldwide are estimated to be living with Parkinson's disease.
- Incidence of Parkinson's increases with age, but an estimated four percent of people with Parkinson's are diagnosed before the age of 50.
Our recent Hope Parkinson newsletter details many special programs for those with PD and their care partners, including the inaugural Walk 4 Hope fundraiser at Lakes Park.
Please consider joining us - for exercise and movement classes, educational seminars and creative opportunities!