Healthcare professionals, older adults and family caregivers are invited to Hope HealthCare Services’ 12th annual Conference on Aging, which offers education on health care, mental health, case management and an update on current issues.
The event takes place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, April 5 at Broadway Palm, located at 1380 Colonial Blvd. in Fort Myers. Registration is $80 for licensed professionals - with continuing education credits available - and $40 for caregivers and students. To register for the event, visit donate.hopehcs.org/COA13.
Presenters for the conference include:
- Robert Pollack M.D. of Psychiatric Associates of Southwest Florida
- Andy Oakes-Lottridge M.D. of Personalized Health Care Inc.
- Natalie Childress of NCIM Inc.
- Marilyn Gregory of Senior Choices of Southwest Florida
- Britton Swank, Esq. and Beth Prather, Esq. of Prather & Swank, P.A.
- Bob Sheehan and Jonathan Scalone of Hope HealthCare Services
- Kandy Love of the Healthy & Harmony Center
Topics include mental health and mental illness; polypharmacy; practical resources for the elderly; elder neglect and self neglect; final arrangements; benefits and placement options; veterans care; and stress management.
The Conference on Aging is sponsored by Prather & Swank, P.A., in partnership with Dottie Hummel Consulting, Lee Memorial Health System, Arden Courts, Florida Gulf Coast University and United Way of Lee County.
Call Heather Chester at (239) 489-9164 for further details.