Hope Hospice and Community Services has introduced a new health care program to provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long term care services to the frail elderly in Lee County. Hope Select Care enables seniors to continue to live independently at home.
According to Hope Hospice President and CEO Samira K. Beckwith, “People usually want to live at home for as long as possible, although they may need special health care services in order to remain at home. Hope Select Care meets their needs and at the same time makes life much easier for their family caregivers.”
Hope Select Care is a PACE program, which stands for Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly. It is a Medicare Provider type that meets the total health care needs of its participants with a unique array of services. Hope Select Care is only the second such program approved in the state of Florida, and one of only 35 in the country.
Hope Select Care serves individuals age 55 and older who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid and receive an appropriate level of care assessment by the Department of Elder Affairs CARES team. Additionally, the enrollee must be able to live at home safely with additional services as needed. Upon enrollment, participants may receive:
- Primary medical and nursing care
- Occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Medications and medical equipment
- Laboratory and diagnostic services
- All necessary prescription drugs
- Skilled home care and personal care aides
- Hospitalization, skilled nursing facility care and end of life care
- Care from medical specialists in cardiology, nephrology, ophthalmology, dermatology, orthopedics, surgery and podiatry
- Transportation to and from the Hope Select Care facility, medical appointments and outings
This comprehensive, coordinated approach eliminates the need to access individual services from multiple care providers.
“Another critically important benefit of Hope Select Care is the support it gives to family members,” Beckwith said. “Caring for an aging loved one is one of life’s most difficult challenges. Family members have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that their loved one is receiving all the care they need in a safe, comfortable and familiar environment – their own home.”
For more information about Hope Select Care, call (239) 985-6400.